Super Visa for Parent and Grandparent allow Canadian Tamils to invite their parents & grand parents to Canada as visitors.
To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be found admissible to Canada; and
- meet certain other conditions.
Note: You cannot include dependants in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner is eligible to accompany you under this provision.
Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:
- the person’s ties to the home country;
- the purpose of the visit;
- the person’s family and financial situation;
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
In addition to being found admissible to Canada, the parent or grandparent must also:
- provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold; (see below, income table)
- prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; (see below)
- complete an Immigration Medical Examination.
Effective from January 1 to December 31 2013
Your child or grandchild may use the following income scale to assess their ability to meet the income requirements.
Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum necessary income|
|1 person (your child or grandchild)||$23,298|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$6,268|
Medical Insurance for Parents & Grand Parents Super Visa
Please click the link to see insurance brokers